Friday 12 March 2021

Cooks Cove

Grumbling and groaning walking up the steps of the first steep hill. It was a Thursday morning. YELLING out get to the left get to the left hurt my ears. Walking up in a single file line. Cooks Cove has the most beautiful view of Tolga Bay once you get to the top of the first hill. This was a baby walk compared to camp so I don't know if I will survive! Koka Ngaire and Koka Rosie walked up the hill with a few other parents.

We went by car to the walk. I had done the walk once but I ran up it. There is a big rock that is called the Hole in the Wall. We got to take pictures with a picture frame that was built in the ground. I had an amazing time walking up and down Cooks Cove.

I absolutely hated the stairs because they were all different sizes. At the end of the walk I was super thirsty because I finished my water coming back over the hill. I would much rather be getting lifted over the hill. With the overall experience I will do the walk again.

I just wanted to be lying in my bed with a pool of water thrown over me. My feet were boiling hot, I had to take my shoes off. My feet looked like big fat red tomato's. If I did something differently I would definitely not tie my shoes as tight. I could get a bit fitter next time so I could walk a bit faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about