Wednesday 28 July 2021

Matariki Poem

This is my poem that I created to share to the class about Matariki. I tried to make it rhyme. I hope you enjoy.


 The stars in the night are a wonderful sight. 

Look hard and you can see 

9 stars shining as bright as can be.

They’re pretty and they shine, but when you see the sun, they'll disappear into thin air.

There is a group you’ll call a troupe. 

They are the stars of Matariki.

I say you can look and look, 

until daytime takes them away.


Look up in the sky, what do you see?

see the 9 sisters of Matariki. 

Their appearance in the sky means the days are getting longer. 

The sun is coming back and the frost is getting stronger. 

All clustered close, and you may not hear, matariki sing 

of the sun and the Maori new year. 

Living peacefully in silence.

Remembering the ones we have lost.

We celebrate this time of the year with our loved ones.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Charlotte, I like how you have done a rhyming poem about Matariki.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlotte, I like how you added lots of information about the stars your blog makes me remember about the time that we did our dance about matariki,and yes it definitely rhymes. From Lila

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about