Thursday 18 November 2021

Kapa Haka

I walked through the school gates ready to perform at my best. I carried my dress to the hall bathrooms and got changed. I ran to Koka Barb to get my moko stamped on my face. With pressure I pushed forward so I could get as much ink as possible onto my chin. A yellow feather got placed in my hair.

We were at alert level 2 so no parents could come and watch. Matua Canaan yelled "camera are rolling." A wave of excitement gushed through my body. The kaia yelled the first command and we sung as confidently and loud as we could. 

I was really proud of my rupu because we learnt three new songs and covid hit so we didn't have much time to practice. My favourite song was definitely Kapana because the girls got to be strong for once. All the boys supported the girls with the singing.

Overall I feel that we were relaxed, confident and loud. It was so fun dressing up and performing. I think we did an amazing job and performed at our best. I can't wait to see the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about